Jun 19, 2008

Taiwan

TAIWAN
Hello Everyone! We just got back form our Taiwan trip last night (We actually got back a week ago, but I have been so busy I didn't post the blog until today). It was very exciting! We have a ton of pictures from the Taiwan trip (we took over 275). Taiwan is so amazing. The people there are so nice.





Jeremy and his brother, Brian, served their missions in Taiwan so we were able to meet a lot of really amazing people. This is Doctor Yang and the Tang Family. Brother Tang has participated in the baptism of eight of his friends who he has shared the gospel with since he was baptised.



We also got to use several modes of transportation. We used a plane, train, fast train (which is different then a regular train b/c it goes 3 times as fast), subway, taxi, regular bus, double decker bus, car, and our feet. The traffic there is crazy! They can make two lanes out of one lane and if you are in the left turning lane and decide to go right it is OK as long as you can beat the other cars of the line. It is survival of the fittest on the roads.





This is the double Decker bus we took to the airport.










All of us with President Hsu and his wife (Brian's mission president).






Jeremy and I in the Bamboo forest. It was raining that day. . . actually it rained every day. That wasn't too bad b/c I like rain, but I was happy to get home to Sunny Provo.


This Buddha statue looks even bigger in real life. We had to walk up this incredible long high trail to be able to reach this Buddha Temple.







They have very funny English translations. This was in the bathroom of our first hotel. We made sure we kept the floor very wet ; )

We absolutely loved the trip. Jeremy and I want to become world travels so I guess Taiwan was a big addition to the travel log we hope to expand.

4 comments:

Kathlen said...

It sounds like you had lots of fun!! I am jealous! We miss you guys!!

Abbie said...

Looks like an awesome trip. I would love to go to Asia someday. But I would prefer having someone with me who speaks the language so lucky you! I actually did hear someone yell my name but had no idea who it was. Glad to know it was you guys. :)

Natalie said...

So cool Maggie! I would love to go to Korea with Clint someday and see all of the places he always talks about. Clint and I would also love to be world travellers! We figure the best way to do that would be to serve missions when we are older. :) Glad you are back safe!

Cassandra Romney said...

Maggie that is absolutly amazing! I cant believe that you guys took that trip! I meen I can but thats so cool! You look like you guys had a really good time! Im sure you took more picutures then you put up so you should definitly put more up! How long were you guys there for? The mode of transperation there does sound crazy. About school I went to. I went to Gilbert High and I graduated in 2005. I didnt know anyone from Glendale. I polvalted there for a little bit but thats it. I must just look like someone!