Aug 26, 2008

"Only you can prevent forest fires"

So, as of right now, there is a FIRE in our oven. Not joking! about 20 minutes ago I came into the kitchen from Jeremy's frantic calls to see fire leaping out of our oven. We shut the oven door and called Karen (our everything expert) and Googled "fires in oven" to see what we should do. Karen said to just leave the door close (which is our only option b/c I put it on cleaning mode thinking it would suffocate it, but all it did was lock the oven until it cools down) and wait. Her advise didn't seem very comforting but then when the results came up on our search engine I felt a little less worried. For your FYI Hanford Fire Dept. says this about oven fires. . .

"Most of the time an oven fire is not serious. The fire is usually contained in the oven, which is designed for high heat anyway. The oven fire usually suffocates or is easily extinguished."

great news, huh. So what are we doing now? we're fire babysitting.

seriously, these pic's make the fire look really small, but it is actually quite large.

P.S I didn't run any miles last week (pitiful) and this week i have yet to run, but I did bike 7.5 mi today.

P.S.S the fire has already gone out!

4 comments:

Courtney J said...

I'm happy to see you are still around to post on your blog!!

Cassandra Romney said...

Maggie!!! What am I going to do with you! You should really keep a fire extinguisher near the stove! Ive had to use it a few times myself and its so scary! Im glad that you are still alive! Good Job working out! Im going to work out today! Im so excited! Ill keep you updated on my progress. I want to lookse 30 lbs and im only down 1 so far! 29 to go!

Cassandra Romney said...

What are you doing? I dont know whats going on in your life because...you havent posted any pictures! I still think that your kitchen is on fire!

Katelyn R said...

Wow. I am glad I now know what to do if my oven catches on fire. With Austin tinkering around with the knobs these days, I'm sure that could be a future possibility. Hope everything turned out alright with your oven. :-)