Dec 6, 2009

BEST CHRISTMAS PRESENT EVER!!!

On Friday my brother, Thane, called to tell me that he and his wife had a Christmas present for us if we wanted it. . .

A DAY TRIP TO DISNEY WORLD!!!

needless to say. . . We wanted it! We left that night to go the next day

It was SO cold and rainy, but that was perfect b/c not as many people were there.

Everything was Christmas Themed.

We had a friendly squirrel come up to us. It was so cute!

Us in UK at Epcot. I thought it looked like the Harry Potter phone booth


I wish we had taken more pictures but we were so busy we forgot most of the time.

THANK YOU SO MUCH THANE AND MELANIE!!!!

They also babysat Talmage the whole day!

We timed the rides perfectly. The longest wait we had was 60 min.
Rides we went on
- Soaring (60 minute wait)
- Space Mission (no wait)
- Future World - inside the Epcot Ball (no wait)
- Space Mountain (20 minute wait)
- Splash Mountain (no wait)
- Thunder Mountain (no wait)

We also did a ton of shows and watched a parade and the fireworks. It was so wonderful!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was so nice of them!

ESTHER BEAZER said...

wow that sounds like fun! i am glad to hear you guys are doing so well. and that is so fun that you guys are close to thane and melanie! we miss you guys!

Melanie said...

Ok, this is probably going to sound really weird, but, I found your blog through a really good friend of mine, Maddy Winward (We have known eachother since we were probably six years old). My name is Melanie Gibson but my maiden name is Thurber. I had to click on your blog when I saw it on Maddy's page because I have never met anyone else (except for a few cousins) with the last name of Thurber. I am originally from Arizona but live in Indiana. I would love to find out if we are somehow related because Thurber is a pretty uncommon name. I love doing geneology and would love to talk. Please email me at mag2dwg@aol.com if you are interested. Thanks!

Jeremy said...

Hi Melanie, I'm not sure who you are but I have Thurber grandparents Stan and Bobbie June from Springerville, AZ who had 11 children. I grew up in AZ but now live in FL. I have a sister in Pima, AZ and many cousins in the Phoenix area. Not sure how you might fit in but I am related to James Thurber somehow. I can't see your profile but I do have a lot of geneology work somehere-- actually maggie does most of that. you could e-mail me or my wife at jeremythurber@gmail.com or maggiethurber@gmail.com

Lacey Voris said...

lucky! i am so glad that you found my blog. now we can keep in touch! hope you and your family are doing well :)

Nick and Maddy Winward said...

What a great trip! What an awesome brother! Glad you had a good time!