May 7, 2008

An amazing week!

Whew! I am beat. I just finished an extremely intense, and might I add, very early workout taught by Katie (thanks Lori for helping to get my lazy body out of bed).

So being new to this blogger site I don't know how to add pictures to my posts (WARNING!! Maggie about to start experimenting on computer!). I will try and add pictures to this post, please let me know how you think it turns out.

We have had an extremely busy week at the Thurbers. Jeremy's brother, Brian, came home from is mission in Taiwan on Friday, Jeremy's sister, Cindy, and her family came into town, Jeremy's other sister, Elisa, starred in Mulan as Mulan, and I got a chance to play "hairdresser" as I helped dye hair.

This is me helping to put some highlights in Karen's (Jeremy's mom) hair last Thursday.

Elisa has long beautiful blond hair so we got to put a temporary dye in before the Mulan show each night. The first night was almost a disaster (partly because of our inexperience at being beauticians and partly because the stupid dye wouldn't work). All was saved after Cindy went to a party store to get us some black hairspray. The next couple of nights we just stuck with the hairspray and forgot about the dye.
This is a picture of Elisa with half her hair sprayed. Can you tell the difference!



Because Elisa's opening night was at the same night as when Brian got home I volunteered to go to the play while the rest of the family went to pick up Brian. Elisa did a fantastic job. She has such a beautiful voice. I was so impressed. After the play we went out to eat at Panda Express while waiting for the family to come home from the airport.

After Brian got home we all stayed around for a while just making small talk (picture of Brian soon to come), then the Stake President came and set Brian apart. That was a really special/amazing/emotional experience. For the rest of the weekend until now we have been reacquainting ourselves with Brian (who is very smart and rather witty. BYU single girls, WATCH OUT!), watch Elisa on her other two nights of performances (yes, I went to all three nights. I was so proud of Elisa I cried like a baby), went shopping and have played with Cindy's new daughter Stephanie.

It has been such a fun fulfilling week. I hate to see it end when Cindy, Kyle, Aaron and Stephanie have to go back home. Well I better run, our house needs some serious attention! cya.

3 comments:

Cassandra Romney said...

Nice Maggie! You Did it! The pictures look great! I think you did an excelent job! Im not to good at writing as much as you are but I do a good job at getting pictures up and going! I agree I am about a fot taller then my whole family! Im about the same highth as my grandpa but now he is starting to shrink because of old age! Poor guy! Anywyas, Bethany is 18 and is getting married to a man names Isial. He is on my blog but a few months down! I think that she might get married before me! Oh well Thats life! You look awesome in your pictures! You are as beautiful as the day that we moved out of Texas! Good Job! I havent seen a family picture of you guys either! If you have one you should do a little blog about that! That baby is so cute too! Im glad that you are happy too! That makes me happy! I hope that you have a great day! Talk to you later!

Kathlen said...

love the post. You are amazing!!

Cassandra Romney said...

Maggie what in the world is your email address? When Im at work I can talk on the phone but its more of a hit and miss kind of thing. I get thies calls and I have to take them or i get in MAJO trouble! They usualy last anywhere from 15 minuts to 3 hours just depending on the person! Other then that the best time to reach me is on sunday! Or after work. I get out anytime between 2pm and 4pm I work with the east cost so im usually into work by atleast 5am. Goodness reading over this, I sound like im nuts! Anyways It was nice talking to you! I have to save your number so i can call you too! Hey do you remember the Millionairs Club?